The design world is raising money for communities hit hardest by the novel coronavirus with the Design Unites auction, which has launched its second batch of biddable items. And a collection of four Anglo-Indian botanicals painted by the group who made those that belonged to Lee Radziwill — along with a pajama party with celebrity designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard — are at the top of our wish list from the latest round of unique items and one-of-a-kind experiences up for auction.
Eighty percent of all funds raised through the Charitybuzz sale, put together by ELLE Decor, Town & Country, House Beautiful, and Veranda, will go directly to Habitat for Humanity’s COVID-19 Emergency Housing Response Fund. New items and experiences will be added to the site through December.
The charity sale raised over $18,000 in its first round, and the second lot, which you can find outlined below, will be available through May 13.
“At Hearst’s Luxury & Design Collection, we want to give back and support our city through challenging times,” says Jennifer Levene Bruno, the VP of publishing for Hearst Magazines Luxury & Design Collection.
“In an effort to lend support to New Yorkers in extreme need during this pandemic, the Hearst Luxury & Design Collection has launched Design Unites, a platform created to help individuals and families by raising funds through auction on Charitybuzz.com. We are proud to share that all funds raised will go to Habitat for Humanity New York City’s COVID-19 Emergency Housing Response Fund. Please support our cause by visiting our brands’ websites to learn more about how you can make a difference.”
The lot is comprised of both unique items and one-of-a-kind experiences, giving participants a rare opportunity to bid on these special products and services while giving back to communities in need.
See below for a list of all items being auctioned, and visit the CharityBuzz site to start your bidding here.
CURRENT LOT (April 30 – May 13):
- Martyn Lawrence Bullard: Pajama Party with A-List Interior Designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard at his West Hollywood Office
- Alida Hotel: 2-Night Getaway at the Alida Hotel in to Savannah, Georgia, Plus Dinner at Pink House & Walking Tour of Savannah
- Jean Prounis: Enjoy Afternoon Tea with Designer Jean Prounis at her NYC Studio, Plus Receive Lapis Pileus Earrings
- Sisley Paris: Sisley Paris At Home Spa Collection
- Melissa Joy Manning: One-of-a-Kind Jewelry Making Workshop with Melissa Joy Manning in Brooklyn, New York
- American Ballet Theatre: 2 Tickets During American Ballet Theatre’s 2021 New York City Season at Lincoln Center, Plus Backstage Tour & Access to the Patron Lounge
- LAGOS: Caviar Lux Diamond X Bracelet from LAGOS
- Hunt Slonem: One-of-a-kind Hunt Slonem Untitled diamond dust bunny painting
- Ornis Gallery/Lee Radziwill: Anglo-Indian Botanicals from Ornis Gallery/Lee Radziwill
- THE WELL: THE WELL 1-Year Digital Membership
- Arhaus: Arhaus Furniture & One-on-One Virtual Consultation with an Arhaus Designer
- Joe Lucas: Virtual Design Consultation with Famed Designer Joe Lucas to Transform Your Powder Room with CW Stockwell
- Heath Ceramics: Original Hand-Thrown Bowl by Ceramist Tung Chiang of Heath Ceramics
- Aireloom: The Ultimate Aireloom® Preferred Bed Package & Virtual Consultation with a Sleep Expert
- Myka Meier: Private Virtual Etiquette Lesson with Beaumont Etiquette
- Redd Kaihoi: William Stuart Thornton Pressed Botanical print
- Stellene Volandes: Holiday Jewelry Shopping with Town & Country Editor in Chief, Stellene Volandes, Virtually or in NYC
- Robbie Fairchild & Chris Jarosz: Rooftop Dance by Robbie Fairchild & Chris Jarosz
- Juniper Books: Phone or Facetime Consultation & Curated Bookshelf by Juniper Books Founder, Thatcher Wine
- Jonathan Adler: Limited Edition Signed Vase from Jonathan Adler
- Daniel Boulud: Skybox Experience at Restaurant Daniel for 4 People in NYC
- Whitney Robinson: “Ask Whitney Anything” | Exclusive Virtual Meeting with Elle Decor Editor in Chief, Whitney Robinson
- Nick Fouquet: Custom Nick Fouquet Hat
- Nate Berkus: Virtual Design Presentation by Nate Berkus, Plus a Copy of his book, The Things That Matter
- Justina Blakeney: Virtual Social Media Workshop with Justina Blakeney, Founder of Jungalow
- Eddie Ross: Learn How to Throw a Virtual Dinner Party with Style Expert, Eddie Ross
- Bobby Berk: Virtual Design Session with Queer Eye Interior Design Expert, Bobby Berk
- Sally King Benedict: Virtual Art Consultation & Custom Painting from Artist Sally King Benedict
- Mark D. Sikes & Blue Pheasant: Mark D. Sikes & Blue Pheasant Garden Picnic Set Including Stoneware Pitcher, Hand Blown Glasses & More, Plus Signed Copy of Mark’s Book Beautiful
- Ferguson & Shamamian Architects: Virtual Architecture Consultation with Award-Winning Architecture Firm Ferguson & Shamamian
- Champalimaud Design & Troutbeck: Two Night Stay at Troutbeck with Lunch and Shopping Tour with Alexandra Champalimaud and Anna Beeber of Champalimaud Design